- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will gather and utilization of individual data singularly with the target of satisfying those reasons indicated by us and for other good purposes, unless we get the assent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will just hold individual data the length of essential for the satisfaction of those reasons.
- We will gather individual data by legal and reasonable means and, where fitting, with the information or assent of the individual concerned.
- Personal information ought to be important to the reasons for which it is to be utilized, and, to the degree essential for those reasons, ought to be exact, finished, and updated.
- We will protect individual data by security shields against misfortune or burglary, and also unapproved access, divulgence, duplicating, use or alteration.
- We will promptly provide customers with access to our policies and procedures for the administration of individual data.
We are focused on leading our business as per these standards with a specific end goal to guarantee that the privacy of individual data is secure and maintained.
1. Our Commitment to Privacy
(1) JustLettuceTalk Inc. (hereinafter “JustLettuceTalk”) is committed to controlling the collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided by its users and/or customers.
2. What is Personal Information?
(1) “Personal information” is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential and/or commercial address and e-mail address and includes information about the product, usage, service and recorded complaints.
(2) Personal information is collected by JustLettuceTalk only when you specifically and knowingly choose to provide it us such as when you subscribe to our website. We may also receive personal information from our business partners and other third parties provided that such third parties confirm to us that they have obtained your consent to the disclosure of your personal information.
(3) Publicly available information, such as a public directory listing of your name, address, telephone number and electronic address, is not considered personal information.
3. Collection and Use of Personal Information
(1) JustLettuceTalk collects and uses your personal information for the purpose of providing you with the products and services you have requested from us.
(2) Your personal information is used to communicate with you about your account and to provide you with information related to other services. If you indicated that you were interested in receiving offers or information from selected sponsors or advertisers, your personal information would also be used to contact you or to send you e-mail materials and other mailings about products and services that might be of interest to you. You always have the option, however, to tell us not to share your personal information with or to exclude you from offers for other products or services.
(3) JustLettuceTalk may also contact you from time to time to conduct market research and surveys in an effort to continually improve our product and service offerings.
(4) Unless you specifically authorize us to release your personal information, or release is required or permitted by law, JustLettuceTalk will not sell, lease or trade your personal information to other third parties.
(5) Anonymous or “non-personal” information gathered by JustLettuceTalk through our website may be used for technical, research and analytical purposes. Information collected through surveys, existing files and public archives may be used by JustLettuceTalk to analyze the market and to develop or enhance service offerings.
(6) JustLettuceTalk will only ask for information about you that we need and will only ask for it when we need it. When we ask you for the information, we will explain to you why we need it and what we are going to do with it.
(7) We will seek your prior consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the information as required by applicable privacy legislation. Subject to legal and contractual requirements, you can refuse to consent to our collection, use or disclosure of information about you. You may also withdraw your consent to any further collection, use or disclosure of information about you at any time by giving us reasonable notice. If our intended disclosures or uses of information change, we will notify you accordingly.
(8) Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose without your consent.
(1) To enable us to more efficiently provide the products and services you have requested from us, JustLettuceTalk may share your personal information with selected third parties who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service providers. Such third party service providers are provided only with such information as is necessary in the circumstances. Information provided to third parties may be used only for the purpose stipulated and is subject to strict terms of confidentiality.
(1) JustLettuceTalk uses a browser feature called a cookie to collect information anonymously and track user patterns on our website. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by our website
(2) “Cookies” contain a unique identification number that identifies your browser, but not you, to our computers each time you visit our website. Cookies tell us which pages our website are visited and by how many people.
(4) Amongst others, we use the following third party cookies on our website:
i) Google Analytics: google.com/privacy
ii) Google Ad Manager: google.com/privacy
iii) Google Adsense: policies.google.com/privacy
iv) Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
(1) JustLettuceTalk will try to ensure that information provided to you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, please inform JustLettuceTalk to whom you provided your information of any change of name, address or other information. In the event you have questions about the accuracy of factual information we have collected about you, you will have access to that information in order to verify and update it. If we have disclosed inaccurate information about you to a third party, we will be pleased to contact the third party in order to correct the information.
8. Telephone Consumer Protection Act
(1)We may seek your consent to receive telemarketing calls from us and/or marketing partners in accordance with the rules under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”). If you provide your express consent via your electronic signature for TCPA purposes, even if your mobile or landline telephone number is listed on a Do-Not-Call Registry, you expressly consent to; (a) receive telemarketing calls, text (SMS) messages, and any other means of communication that your wireless device may be capable of receiving (e.g. mms, video etc. ) from the persons named in the consent (including through the use of automated dialing equipment); and (b) receive future information about products and services from us, our marketing partners, Affiliates and other third parties to whom we may provide your Information via other means such as email. You may revoke your consent to be contacted in this manner by any reasonable means at any time (see the Opting-Out section below). Merely accessing our site without providing your express written consent for TCPA purposes does not constitute your consent to receive telemarketing calls.
(2) By agreeing to this Policy, you are obligated to immediately inform us if the telephone number that you provided us changes. If you: (a) have your telephone number reassigned to another person; (b) give up your telephone number; (c) port your telephone number to a landline or vice versa; or (d) otherwise stop using that telephone number, you agree to promptly contact us. Users may revoke their consent to receive telemarketing calls from us and/or the persons named in the consent by contacting us and indicating that do not want to receive any further telemarketing from us or the persons named in the consent.
(2) Users may opt out from the collection of online viewing data for behavioral advertising purposes by companies who have elected to participate in one of the behavioral advertising opt-out mechanisms such as the Digital Adverting Alliance’s opt-out program located at http://www.aboutads.info/choices or the Network Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. As is the case with most websites, we have currently elected to not participate in any of these programs or alter our behavior when a user to one of our Websites has activated the “do-not-track” setting on their browser (see, “Browser “Do Not Track” Signals,” described below). Users may also opt out from the same type of data collection performed by Trade Desk, Inc., one of our marketing partners, by contacting us.
10. Limitation of Liability
(1) If you have any questions about the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information or if you simply want to know whether we have any of your personal information on file, you may contact our Privacy Compliance Officer. Except in limited circumstances, as specifically provided by applicable privacy legislation, JustLettuceTalk can tell you whether they hold personal information about you. They can tell you the source of the information, allow you access to your personal information and find an account of the use that has been made or is being made of the information and the third parties to which it has been disclosed.
(2) JustLettuceTalk will only refuse access to information about you in those circumstances permitted or required by applicable privacy legislation. If JustLettuceTalk refuses access to you, it will provide you with the reasons for its refusal upon request. Exceptions may include information that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, and information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. JustLettuceTalk will respond to your requests for access in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
12. Questions or Concerns
(2) If you are not satisfied with the response from our Privacy Compliance Officer after making a complaint, you may have recourse to additional remedies under applicable privacy legislation. For further information, please contact the federal Privacy Commissioner or your provincial Privacy Commissioner, as applicable. Contact information is available on our website or by contacting JustLettuceTalk.
13. Ten Principles of Fair Information Practices
(2) Identifying Purpose. JustLettuceTalk will identify the purpose for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected. The purposes for which information is collected, used or disclosed by JustLettuceTalk must be those that a reasonable person would consider are appropriate in the circumstances.
(3) Consent. The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where consent is not required by privacy legislation as, for example, where the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is solely for journalistic, artistic or literary purposes.
(4) Limiting Collection. JustLettuceTalk shall limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the company. Personal information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
(5) Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention. Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected.
(6) Accuracy. Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
(7) Safeguards. Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
(8) Openness. JustLettuceTalk shall make readily available to its customers and employees specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
(9) Individual Access. Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information except where JustLettuceTalk is permitted or required by law not to disclose personal information to the individual customer or employee. An individual customer or employee shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information disclosed to him or her and have it amended as appropriate.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, applicable laws and regulations and their compliance. If you disagree with any of the stated terms and conditions, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this site are secured by relevant copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is allowed to temporarily download one duplicate of the materials (data or programming) on JustLettuceTalk’s site for individual and non-business use only. This is the just a permit of license and not an exchange of title, and under this permit you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial use , or for any public presentation (business or non-business);
- attempt to decompile or rebuild any product or material contained on JustLettuceTalk’s site;
- remove any copyright or other restrictive documentations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to someone else or even “mirror” the materials on other server.
- This permit might consequently be terminated if you disregard any of these confinements and may be ended by JustLettuceTalk whenever deemed. After permit termination or when your viewing permit is terminated, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your ownership whether in electronic or printed form.
- The materials on JustLettuceTalk’s site are given “as is”. JustLettuceTalk makes no guarantees, communicated or suggested, and thus renounces and nullifies every single other warranties, including without impediment, inferred guarantees or states of merchantability, fitness for a specific reason, or non-encroachment of licensed property or other infringement of rights. Further, JustLettuceTalk does not warrant or make any representations concerning the precision, likely results, or unwavering quality of the utilization of the materials on its Internet site or generally identifying with such materials or on any destinations connected to this website.
In no occasion should JustLettuceTalk or its suppliers subject for any harms (counting, without constraint, harms for loss of information or benefit, or because of business interference,) emerging out of the utilization or powerlessness to utilize the materials on JustLettuceTalk’s Internet webpage, regardless of the possibility that JustLettuceTalk or a JustLettuceTalk approved agent has been told orally or in written of the likelihood of such harm. Since a few purviews don’t permit constraints on inferred guarantees, or impediments of obligation for weighty or coincidental harms, these confinements may not make a difference to you.
5. Amendments and Errata
The materials showing up on JustLettuceTalk’s site could incorporate typographical, or photographic mistakes. JustLettuceTalk does not warrant that any of the materials on its site are exact, finished, or current. JustLettuceTalk may roll out improvements to the materials contained on its site whenever without notification. JustLettuceTalk does not, then again, make any dedication to update the materials.
JustLettuceTalk has not checked on the majority of the websites or links connected to its website and is not in charge of the substance of any such connected webpage. The incorporation of any connection does not infer support by JustLettuceTalk of the site. Utilization of any such connected site is at the user’s own risk.
JustLettuceTalk may update these terms of utilization for its website whenever without notification. By utilizing this site you are consenting to be bound by the then current form of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
8. Governing Law
Any case identifying with JustLettuceTalk’s site should be administered by the laws of the country of Canada JustLettuceTalk State without respect to its contention of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.